About Event Sponsorships
The Northside Funders Group (NFG) believes in the power of relationships to advance social change. To that end, we dedicate funds annually to sponsor events that contribute to strengthening the social fabric of the Northside and that are focused on our two focus areas—education and community wealth building. NFG generally does not sponsor issue-specific events that are not related to our strategic initiatives named above.
The annual NFG sponsorship budget is $30,000. We award up to $2,500 per event.
How Do I Apply
Application must be submitted at least 60 days before the event takes place. Each inquiry will be reviewed on a monthly basis by the membership who will determine final decisions about whether to fund an event and at what level. If you’d like to discuss your event prior to submitting an application, we encourage you to connect with E. Coco at [email protected] or [email protected].
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
• Applicant must be located on the Northside (ZIP CODES 55411, 55412)
• Must be a 501c3 or have a fiscal sponsor
• Must align with one of two NFG focus areas: Community Wealth Building and Education
• Fundraisers are eligible for funding
• Campaigns and other partisan events are not eligible for funding